We have all been waiting to see what public spaces are upcoming in the new building on the former Daily Camera site on west Pearl Street. We recently received a press release about a new restaurant, Eureka!, that will be opening September 5th.
It is not typical we rehash press releases here at Eat Drink Boulder but three items got our attention:
- This is a very important location to downtown Boulder and a huge new building, so this restaurant’s opening is big news.
- The email we received, titled No Crap on Tap, is pretty compelling.
- We even like the Eat Drink American description of the restaurant, pretty similar to our site.
Of course, it is impossible to tell if Eureka! will work in Boulder; so many restaurants come and go. But the general premise of “great food accompanied by an all-American beverage program (local craft beers, small-batch whiskeys, classic cocktails), and events at an approachable price point” seems like a good fit for our town.
In terms of food, these menu items were highlighted in the press release:
- Lollipop Corn Dogs made in house with Polish sausage, sweet corn batter, served with a spicy porter mustard
- Slow Roasted Beet Salad with arugula, apple, walnuts, orange segments, asparagus, fennel, walnuts, and goat cheese finished with watermelon pop rocks
- Fresno Fig Burger topped with a house-made fig marmalade, goat cheese, bacon, arugula, tomato, onion, and spicy porter mustard and served with signature handcut fries
- Bone Marrow Burger topped with a bone marrow porcini butter, grilled onion, roasted tomato, and finished with a mustard aioli, also served with signature handcut fries
- Fried Chicken Sliders with mashed potatoes, confetti slaw, and a reaper chili sauce served with signature handcut fries
- Chocolate Torte made with dark chocolate, topped with vanilla bean ice cream and macadamia nuts
Eureka! is a Hawthorne, California-based chain with locations primarily in California, with two in Texas and one in Washington. In addition to Boulder, the restaurant group is opening in Boise, Idaho.